Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ross Park Opening Social




The year has finally began and we started things off with a bang at Ross Park! Our team this year has 99 members ranging in age from 5-18. You can only imagine what a task it was coming up with an idea for our Opening Social for that many kids with such a wide age span. Ross Park was definately the best answer! We took two buses down to the park where we spent the day swimming, sun bathing, laughing and don't forget eating. For lunch we ordered 25 pizzas that were devoured in no time--I know we are dancers but we have heathly appetites. When we left the park the bus driver said "I've taken a lot of dance teams around, but yours has the most well behaved girls I have seen." A lady in the park said "how do you get all those girls to listen so well to you--are they afraid?" It was quite the site when the announcer said "All Downtown Dance Studio members please leave the pool and head to the buses." Pretty soon they all started coming out of the woodwork like an army of ants and when we left the park seemed pretty empty. We had a great ride home and it was fun to see all of the parents waiting--I am sure my neighbors thought I was having a wedding at my house or something. I hope you enjoy the pictures (sorry Micha I am not as good as you) but you can see how fun it was. This year we have a lot of girls with a lot of personality and excitement. I am very anxious to start working with them!

No comments: